These terms and conditions apply to the use of the Michael Law Group website. In using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using the website.
In these terms and conditions, the expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to Michael Law Group.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this website. Your continued use of the website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
• Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or liability implied in these terms and conditions or protected by law to the extent that such exclusion, restriction or modification would render these terms and conditions or any provision of these terms and conditions void, illegal or unenforceable. Subject to that:
• we do not accept responsibility for any loss damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this web site or any linked web site, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this web site;
• any condition, warranty, right or liability which would otherwise be implied in these terms and conditions or protected by law is excluded; and
• and except in relation to liability for personal injury (including sickness and death), we do not accept liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred by you or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of goods or services supplied pursuant to or in any way connected with this web site or respect of any failure or omission on our part to comply with our obligations as set out in these terms and conditions.
• You acknowledge that:
a. prior to entering into these terms and conditions you have been given a reasonable opportunity to examine and satisfy yourself regarding all goods or services which are the subject of these terms and conditions and that prior to entering into these terms and conditions you have availed itself of that opportunity; and
b. at no time prior to entering into these terms and conditions have you relied on our skill or judgment and that it would be unreasonable for you to do so.
• The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (the Vienna Convention) to these terms and conditions (by virtue of any law relevant to these terms and conditions) is excluded.
• Pursuant to s 64A of the Australian Consumer Law (under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)):
a. this sub-clause applies in respect of any of the goods or services supplied under these terms and conditions which are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, provided that this sub-clause will not apply if you establish that reliance on it would not be fair and reasonable;
b. liability for breach of a guarantee conferred by the Australian Consumer Law (under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), other than those conferred by ss 51–53 of that Law, is limited:
i. in the case of goods, to any one of the following as determined by us:
A. the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
B. the repair of the goods; or
C. the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
D. the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired;
i. in the case of services, to any one of the following as determined by us:
A. the supplying of the services again; or
B. the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
You must ensure that your access to this website is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you.
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. For the removal of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this website or any linked website.
Whilst we have no reason to believe that any information contained on this website is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information, nor do we undertake to keep this website updated. We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of information contained on this website.
We do not give you any assurances that any information contained on this website will be suitable for your purposes or that it will be error-free. You agree that you will not rely on the any such information or its availability and that any reliance you make will be on your own independent assessments with the aid of qualified independent advice.
Responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on this website (including hyperlinks to advertisers’ own websites) rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of such advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertisers’ products and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisement.
Copyright in this website (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by us. Other than for the purposes of, and subject to the conditions prescribed under, the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation which applies in your location, and except as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions, you may not in any form or by any means:
• adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this website; or
• commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this website;
without our written permission.
Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which is attached the ™ or ® symbol is a registered trade mark.
If you use any of our trade marks in reference to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that trade mark to us. You must not use any of our trade marks:
• in or as the whole or part of your own trade marks;
• in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
• in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive;
• in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this website).
Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to this website only for your personal use. You are authorised to print a copy of any information contained on this website for yourpersonal use, unless such printing is expressly prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not without our written permission on-sell information obtained from this website.
In this website
This website may contain links to other websites (“linked websites”). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites.
Our links with linked websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
To this website
Except on the terms of any [content/subscription access agreement] separately agreed by us, we give no licence to exercise any intellectual property rights in anything (including information and content such as films, sound recordings, literary works and artistic works, whether in a material form or not) on or accessible via this website (“materials”) and neither you nor any person permitted by you or subject to your directions or control who may be able to access any materials (“controlled persons”) shall exercise any such intellectual property rights, including the right to reproduce the materials or to communicate them to the public (including via any form of linking). Without limiting the preceding sentence, any uses or disclosures (including reproductions and communications to the public) of any materials by you and by any controlled persons must be subject to you:
• ensuring that those uses and disclosures are undertaken at your and their own risk, including the risk of being sued for intellectual property infringement or misleading or deceptive conduct;
• ensuring that all links to any materials are never presented or useable in a way where the presentation or use of the link does not make it obvious to a viewer or user of the links or linked materials that the source of the materials is this website;
• ensuring that anyone by whom your and their links to the materials may be used or disclosed are the same as those who may access the materials directly from this website;
• ensuring that anyone by whom your or their links to the materials may be used or disclosed are not able to circumvent limits (including technological restrictions and as to location) applying in respect of the materials were the materials to be accessed or sought to be accessed directly from this website rather than via their links; and
• being otherwise subject to our directions, including any take down, cease or desist directions.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information. You agree that you will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything that might put the security of your account at risk. We reserve the right to remove your username or similar identifier in respect of your account if appropriate. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of this website.
Access to this website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimer will nevertheless survive any such termination.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia.
By returning to our website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accept these website terms.